Neuro PT is a comprehensive approach to the treatment of:
- Fall Prevention; Gait & Functional Mobility Concerns
- Chemo-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy
- Balance Difficulties, Dizziness/Vestibular Disorders
- Neuro-Sensory Impairments
When should your physician refer you to Neuro PT?
Common Patient Statements...
|If you experience a fall or you feel like you have almost fallen||
“I trip or lose my balance when moving around my house.”
“I have difficulty walking in dark environments or in the grass.”
|You are experiencing neuropathic or vestibular symptoms such as Numbness/tingling; Dizziness, problems turning around||
“I sway when I stand still.”
“I am unsteady or dizzy when I turn or change positions.”
|You feel off-balance when you get up, when you're standing still, or walking. If you notice you need to steady yourself by making contact with a wall or some other surface, this is an indication that you are experiencing some of these symptoms.||
“I lose my balance when I walk slowly or suddenly stop.”
“I need to touch furniture or walls for support.”
Physical Therapy rehabilitation can help:
- Assess your joint mobility in hands and feet
- Assess your balance and walking and offer strategies for improvement
- Provide home exercises to help with mobility and pain relief
- Provide neurological treatment in the clinic to promote stimulation of the nervous system
- Education on neuropathy and how to self-manage your pain
- Canalith Repositioning can help address vertigo and brief, but intense, episodes of dizziness that occur when you move your head.